Fix mobile sign-in problems
Most mobile sign-in problems are caused by device or password issues. Get back into your Yahoo account by determining what's wrong and how to fix it.
- Capitalizing - Your device might auto capitalize the first letter of your password.
- Incorrect password - Make sure that you're signing in with the correct password. If you're not sure it's correct, tap I can't access my account.
- Special characters - Some devices have troubles with special characters. Sign in on a desktop computer and change your password.
- Two-step verification - If you've enabled two-step verification, you'll need to use an app password to access Yahoo Mail on your device.
Device related problems
- App issues - Learn more with our Android and iOS app help articles.
- Device-specific instructions - Check your phone's help docs for instructions on the built-in app.
- Cache and cookies - If you've recently cleared the cache and cookies, your phone won't remember your login info. You'll need to sign in again.